Today, many people choose anything BUT water to drink to quench their thirst. But believe it or not the best liquid for your body is—water! You have been told dozens of times to drink at least eight glasses per day—and here are some reasons why. Afterward, read about the practical uses for Coca-Cola–other than drinking it.
Reasons to Drink Water:
- Avoid dehydration: 75% of American are chronically dehydrated
- Rev-up the Metabolism: In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
- Lessen hunger pains: One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Eliminate Fatigue: Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue
- Ease back and joint pain: Preliminary research indicted that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Short-term Memory: A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Decreases risk of Colon and other Cancers: Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and a person is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
So the question is–are you getting enough water each day?
Facts about Coca-Cola:
Next, here are some factoids about Coca-Cola…after reading this, you may just want to get a case to clean out your toilets.
- Factoid #1: In many states (in the USA) the highway department carries two gallons of Coca-Cola in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
- Factoid #2: You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coca-Cola and it will be gone in two days.
- Factoid #3: To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, and then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
- Factoid #4: To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- Factoid #5: To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- Factoid #6: To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- Factoid #7: To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle
- Factoid #8 : Coca-Cola will clean road haze from your windshield
- Factoid #9: The active ingredient in Coca-Cola is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. This will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
- Factoid #10: To carry Coca-Cola syrup the commercial truck must use the hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
- Factoid #11: The distributors of Coca-Cola have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
So the next time you are trying to decide what to drink–water or coke–it should be an easy decision. Right?
And the next time you are trying to decide what to clean with–it should definitely be an easy decision.