A mother of 5 boys, grandmother of 11, and author of Good Music Brighter Children. I started the blog, “good parenting brighter children” to share my 40+ years of experience swimming in the delightful (and sometimes shark-infested) waters of parenthood.
It’s been quite the ride and one I want to share with you.
As you travel your own unique parenthood journey, I hope you find my blog filled with tidbits of wisdom and inspiring ideas
For best results: Refer to it often.
what you’ll discover at good parenting brighter children:
· Arming parents with confidence and tenacity as they go through the minefield journey called “parenting”
· Teaching your kids to love and cherish the discovery of something new yet, difficult
· Nurturing your child’s wonder and curiosity
· Building your child’s confidence and intellect using music, books, family traditions, and good nutrition
· Creating lifelong learners
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I’ve been blessed with 5 near-perfect sons (ha-ha) and 13 absolutely perfect grandchildren.
- By the time our third son was born, I had collected 129 dresses for a little girl I never had. Oops!
- I’ve felt the gut-wrenching emotion of losing a child. Our fourth son died of a brain disorder.
- We raised a son with severe learning disabilities (an experience with a huge learning curve)
- I have a Masters degree (MA) in Education from Pepperdine University; a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (BFA) in Art from Utah State University, and three certifications in Nutrition (a mere 31 classes on the most comprehensive subject on the planet)
- I wrote a book, Good Music Brighter Children that was translated into 5 languages
- For the last 35 years, I’ve taught about the importance of raising smart children using music, books, traditions, and nutrition to audiences all over the United States
- I started the Palos Verdes Regional Symphony Orchestra in Southern California. It’s still going strong
- I taught college for 10 fabulous years
- Last, I’ve been married for 44 years (Mark). We both understand that marriage is about giving and sharing; rinse and repeat
A few places I’ve been featured in or presented at:
I blog once a week (sent to your email). Subjects will be taken from six different, but related categories:
Good Parenting Brighter Children
Good Music Brighter Children
Good Books Brighter Children
Good Traditions Brighter Children
Good Nutrition Brighter Children
Good Grandparenting Brighter Children
I would love to connect with you:
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter here
Access my blog here
Email me with any suggestions, comments or questions you may have: email@example.com
Let’s “grow” our friendship! Please join me on:
Looking forward to getting to know you!