Inside: Here is the best hot fudge sauce recipe to make with your grandkids or kids. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious. Try it over vanilla ice cream, right out of the jar, or if you want an extra treat—dip your favorite chocolate chip cookies into the fudgy sauce when it’s hot. Yum!
The Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
Are you a chocoholic? By definition, it’s someone who is addicted to or excessively fond of chocolate. I fit into the category of being a chocoholic, but I’m not too worried–after all, there are worse things to be addicted to–right?
I fully embrace my love of everything chocolate—bon-bons, donuts, cheesecake, cookies, candy, cake—anything! And each day, I religiously count out 16 chocolate chips (I count calories) to satisfy my daily need for this rich brown substance.
Years ago, (in the 1980s) I took cooking classes in Sherman Oaks, California from Marlene Sorosky. I think she loves chocolate as much as I do because many of her classes included a chocolate dessert. And when they did, I quickly signed up.
This recipe was one she made in class. It’s the best hot fudge sauce recipe you will ever make. And the easiest.
If you are interested in other recipes she’s created, her cookbooks are out-of-print, but are still available on Amazon.
My favorites: (none of these books contain the best hot fudge sauce recipe)
- Cookery for Entertaining by Marlene Sorosky
- Marlene Sorosky’s Year-Round Holiday Cookbook
- The Dessert Lover’s Cookbook by Marlene Sorosky
Ways to Use the Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
There are many ways you can use this chocolate fudge sauce:
- warm over vanilla & chocolate ice cream
- as a garnish underneath ice cream (stripe the dish you are putting it on)
- when cold from the refrigerator, it can be used as a frosting on cupcakes
However, to create the most delectable chocolate fix, make a batch of my chocolate chip cookies and dip them in this scrumptious hot fudge sauce. Make sure both the sauce and cookies are hot.
It’s love at first bite! Guaranteed!
Click here for: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever. I’ve included recipes for both high and at-elevations and lots of tips for parents and grandparents when making these with your kids/grandkids. Yes, elevation does make a difference if you want a cookie that looks professionally baked. Anything over 2,000 feet is considered high-elevation.
Wrapping & Giving the Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
I have made this hot fudge sauce recipe for friends, family, relatives, or anyone hankering for a chocolate fix. It’s easy to make; looks beautiful in jars wrapped with an antique handkerchief or a simple muslin bow. It can be given as a gift for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, or any other holiday or occasion that calls for chocolate.
It tastes amazing poured hot over vanilla ice cream or scooped cold right out of the refrigerator.
Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
Here is the recipe and easy-to-follow picture tutorials:
- 5 one-ounce squares of bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cube of butter
- 1-pound powdered sugar (3 ½ cups)
- 1 large can evaporated milk (12 fluid ounces)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Remove from heat
- Add powdered sugar and milk. Blend well
- Cook over the stove for 8 minutes; stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Pour into three 8-ounce glass jars or four 4-ounce glass jars
- Once cool, refrigerate.
- Label: Reheat very slowly. It may be stored for 1 month in the refrigerator
- Makes about 3 cups of sauce.
Children’s Books About Chocolate
If you are making this recipe with your grandkids or kids, add to the fun and read these fun books about chocolate!
- Smart About Chocolate: A Sweet History by Sandra Markle
- Make it: Chocolate by Madison Spielman
- The Cookie Loved ‘Round the World: The Story of the Chocolate Chip Cookie by Kathleen Teahan
- Do Frogs Drink Hot Chocolate? by Kanar and John Martz
- Love Monster and the Last Chocolate by Rachel Bright
- The Story of Chocolate by C. J. Polin
Here are more blogs that include recipes you can make with your grandkids or kids:
- Best Crockpot Apple Butter for Grandkids to Make in the Kitchen
- Best Black Bean Soup with Healthy Smart Kids in the Kitchen
- How to Make the Best Healthy Summer Salad with Your Kids
Do you have a favorite hot fudge sauce recipe that you consider the best? Please comment in the section below.
Want to remember this post? Post, “Here is the Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe” to your favorite Pinterest board!